If your business is new to importing &/or exporting now that we are out of the EU, the government is offering a grant of up to £2,000 to help with training &/or professional advice, to help you with changes to trade rules with the EU.
You can use the grant for training on:
- how to complete customs declarations
- how to manage customs processes and use customs software and systems
- specific import- and export-related aspects including VAT, excise and rules of origin
It can be used to help you get professional advice so your business can meet its customs, excise, import VAT or safety and security declaration requirements.
To be eligible your business must be established in the UK for at least 12-months before submitting the application and:
- not have previously failed to meet its tax or customs obligations
- have no more than 500 employees
- have no more than £100 million turnover
- only import or export goods between Great Britain and the EU, or move goods between Great Britain and Northern Ireland, if you already import or export goods from or to a non-EU country you are not eligible for his grant
- complete (or intend to complete) import or export declarations internally for its own goods
- use someone else to complete import or export declarations but requires additional capability internally to effectively import or export (such as advice on rules of origin or advice on dealing with a supply chain)
Applications for this grant are done via PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) on behalf of HMRC by visiting HERE
Applications close on 30th June 2021.