It’s now time to start the process of claiming your tax refund if you are a sub-contractor working within the Construction Industry Scheme (‘CIS’). The good news is that refunds usually take around only 2 weeks through Taxfile if you come in to see us before the rush.
Why you’re due a tax refund
CIS construction workers like you are usually taxed at source before being paid, and this usually results in a tax overpayment. That’s because you were taxed on the first £11,500 of your income even though that part falls within your 2017-18 ‘Personal Allowance’, i.e. the part of your income that should be tax-free. In addition, by pre-paying the tax, you will not have offset any allowable expenses such as tools etc. To rectify this, Taxfile will help you get the figures right, offset all allowable expenses and maximise your tax refund! Most sub-contractors receive their tax rebate within just 3 to 4 weeks, through Taxfile.
What you need to do
Don’t delay – book an appointment with Taxfile today by calling 0208 761 8000 and we’ll sort it all out for you. We have staff who speak English, Polish, Pashto, Dari, Russian, French, and Dutch, should you need them on the day.
Choose our Tulse Hill (SE21) or Battersea office (SW8)
Tulse Hill Office: You can either bring your records and figures to our Tulse Hill office at 25 Thurlow Park Road, London SE21 8JP or, if it’s more convenient, choose our brand new Battersea office, which is at Studio 4, Cloisters House, Cloisters Business Centre, Battersea Park Road, London SW8 4BG. Call 0208 761 8000 for an appointment at either office.
Outside of London? No problem – click here.
Office hours now include Saturday mornings and early evenings!
Our Tulse Hill office is open 6 days a week during April and offers Saturday morning appointments and early evening appointments on Mondays and Tuesdays if standard office hours do not suit you (please call for details).
Our Battersea office is open Monday to Thursday, 11am to 7pm.
- Book an appointment by calling 0208 761 8000;
- Bring in records of your invoices, whether they are self-billed or your own. If any are lost, try to bring copies.
- Bring in all your CIS statements and receipts for the period 6th April 2017 to 5th April 2018;
- Even if you don’t yet have your most recent CIS statement, we can still make a start;
- Show us receipts for things you use for work including tools, equipment and plant hire – the law expects you to keep proof so don’t throw anything away;
- Bring receipts for materials too, as some can be offset to maximise your tax refund;
- If you had any equipment or tools stolen during the year, make sure you bring a crime reference number so we can obtain tax relief on those items;
- Bring in bank statements — if any records for income or expenditure have been lost, bank statements can prove vital to fill in the gaps and give us a better view of your overall tax situation;
- Lastly, if you have any payslips from any employment during the year, please do also bring in those.
Contact Taxfile to get your CIS tax refund fast!
Taxfile are experts at claiming back CIS tax refunds – we do over 500 of these per year and usually sub-contractors receive their refunds in just 3-4 weeks (often sooner for those who beat the rush and come in early). Taxfile are also very well trusted by HMRC so our sub-contractor CIS submissions and refund requests are rarely questioned. And currently we’re open 6 days a week at the Tulse Hill branch!
Come and see us. Our offices are ideally located if you’re in Tulse Hill, Battersea, Brixton, Dulwich, Elephant & Castle, Streatham, Camberwell, Peckham, West Norwood, Clapham, Stockwell, Herne Hill, Clapham, Pimlico, Vauxhall, Balham, South Lambeth, Earlsfield, Southfields, Wandsworth, Chelsea, Fulham & beyond.
- Need a Saturday morning appointment? No problem – call us on 0208 761 8000 for latest staff availability.
- Need a late afternoon/early evening appointment on a Monday or Tuesday? Again, no problem — call 0208 761 8000.
- Live or work nearer Battersea? No problem – come to see us at our new Battersea office or visit the Battersea Taxfile website instead — call 0208 761 8000 for an appointment.
Working through a Limited Company?
Perhaps you a sub-contractor working through a limited company? If so, that’s also no problem! As well as CIS tax refunds, we can help limited companies with accounts preparation, confirmation statements, corporation tax computations, CIS set-off rebate, National Insurance (N.I.), VAT and much more.
Call Taxfile on 0208 761 8000. We look forward to seeing you soon! Read more